Treat your loved ones with these
traditional and lip smacking Diwali Recipe! The collection includes
recipes for Diwali Sweets and other Diwali Special Dishes. The method of
preparation is quite simple and if tried with love they come out
excellent. So what are you waiting for? Its your chance to win
good wishes and appreciation of family and friends on Diwali!
List of Diwali Recipes
- Besan Ladoo
- Gajar Ka Halwa
- Moong Daal Halwa
- Kesari (Semolina Pudding) Mawa Misri (Reduced Milk with Crystal
- Dahi Wada (Lentil Fritters in Yogurt sauce)
- Sweet Kachoris (Meethi Kachori)
- Gur Ke Chawal (Rice with Jaggery)
350 gm: Besan (gram flour)
200 gm: Ghee
175 gm: Castor sugar
2 tbsp: Dried fruit
1 tsp: Cardamom powder
¼ tsp: Saffron strands soaked in 1 tbsp water
- Heat ghee in a large pan. Add besan and cook on a slow flame,
- Remove the pan from the flame when the ghee separates and the
besan colors. Cool.
- Stir in sugar, spice, dried fruit and saffron.
- Prepare even sized ladoos.
- Serve decorated with extra dried fruit and silver leaf.
250 ml: Yoghurt
3 tbsp: Flour
3-4 tbsp: Ghee/Oil for Frying
1 tsp: Roasted Fennel Seeds
200 gm: Sugar
200 ml: Water
Rind of 1 sweet lime
Moong Daal Halwa
- Mix yoghurt, flour and fennel seeds. Stir until a smooth batter
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan and make dumplings by frying a spoonful
of the batter at a time over a gentle flame. Remove from the pan and
- Prepare the syrup with sugar, water and rind.
- Dip the malpuas into the syrup.
- Garnish with sweet lime segments and cream. Decorate with silver
- Serve hot/cold.
1/2 cup: Husked Green Gram (dhuli moong ki daal)-soaked in water 5-6
1/2 cup: Sugar-mixed with milk and water
1/2 cup: Milk
1/2 cup: Ghee
1 cup: Water
2 tbsp: Slivered and Roasted Almonds
1/4 tsp: Powdered Chhoti Elaichi
Mawa Misri (Reduced Milk with Crystal Sugar)
- Wash daal and grind coarsely in a food processor or a grinding
- Heat the milk mixture to dissolve the sugar, bring to a boil and
keep hot till needed.
- In a heavy kadahi, mix ghee and daal, and stir-fry over low heat
till fried well.
- Add to the fried daal and stir well to mix together. Cook over
low heat till the liquid is absorbed and once again stir-fry till
the fat separates.
- Mix in the cardamom powder and half the almonds. Transfer on to a
serving dish, decorate with the rest of the almonds and serve hot.
1 litre: Whole Milk
250 gm: Condensed Milk
10 gm: Ghee
50 gm: Sugar
50 gm: Sliced Almonds
50 gm: Crystal Sugar
05 gm: Cardamom Powder
2 sheets: Silver Leaf
Dahi Wada (Lentil Fritters in Yogurt sauce)
- Grease a pan with ghee, pour in the milk and bring to a boil.
Stir the milk occasionally until reduced to half its original
- Add the condensed milk and cook, stirring constantly to avoid
sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until reduced to quarter of its original quantity, add
almonds, cardamom and sugar.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Add the crystal sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate and serve garnished with silver leaf.
1 cup: Dhuli Urad Ki Daal (husked black gram)-soaked 5-6 hours, and
ground to a paste
2 1/2 cups: Yogurt-beaten smooth
2 tsp: Roasted and Powdered Cumin Seeds
2 tbsp: Chopped Coriander Leaves
1/4 tsp: Kali Mirch
1/2 tsp: Chilli Powder
2 tsp: Salt
1 tsp: Kala Namak (black rock salt)
Chaat ka Masala
Oil for Frying
Sweet Kachoris (Meethi Kachori)
- Beat daal well to make it light and fluffy.
- Heat the oil. Shape the wadas and fry in hot oil, to a golden
brown over medium heat.
- Lift out of the oil and put into a pan of salted water. Repeat
thus with the rest of the batter.
- Mix the salt, 1 tsp of the cumin, 1 tbsp of the coriander leaves
and black pepper into the yogurt.
- Squeeze out the fried bhallas and arrange them on a serving dish.
- Cover with the yogurt and garnish with the rest of the cumin,
coriander leaves, chilli powder, kala namak and chaat masala.
250 gm: Flour
1 tbsp: Gram Flour (besan)
1 tbsp: Ghee
Water for Kneading
Oil for Deep Frying
100 gm: Castor Sugar
150 gm: Khoya
100 gm: Chopped Dry Fruits
¼ tsp: Green Cardamom Seeds
For Saffron Syrup
250 gm: sugar
250 ml: water
½ tsp: Saffron Strands - soaked in 1 tbsp water
Gur Ke Chawal (Rice with Jaggery)
- Sieve the flour and besan into a bowl.
- Rub ghee into the flour with fingertips. Bind with water. Knead
well until dough is smooth. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- Mix all filling ingredients together.
- For the syrup, dissolve the sugar in the water. Boil for 5
- Stir in saffron and liquid.
- Roll out dough into flat discs about 4" in diameter.
- Place a dessert spoon (dsp) of filling in the centre. Seal the
- Fry kachoris over a slow flame in hot oil. When golden, drain.
- Break the top of the kachoris and pour in 1 tbsp saffron syrup
1 cup: Sela Chawal (parboiled rice)-picked, washed and soaked for about
300 gm: Jaggery-pounded to a coarse powder
4 no: Green Cardamoms
2-3 no: Cloves
4 cups: Water
1/4 cup: Ghee
- Bring the water to a boil and add the drained out rice, cloves
and cardamoms. When it comes to a boil, lower the heat and simmer
till the rice is cooked.
- Drain the rice and leave in a colander to drain.
- In a heavy-based pan, heat the ghee and add the rice and mix
- Lower the heat and mix in the jaggery.
- Cover and leave over a tawa/griddle for 10-15 minutes, stirring a
couple of times.
- Serve hot.